Creating process behind a rag doll - La création d'une poupée de chiffon

Follw me on Instagram!

Hello!

I have been working a lot on my baby birth collection and almost forgot for one month the pleasure to create a doll.
I had a look at my shop recently to see if everything was cohesive and i saw that everything i create ( i mean every doll and baby stuff) was eyes closed. I actually had quite a shock beacuse i had the feeling that everything was sweet and charming but not as fun as i would love my creations to be.
I also realized than my baby collection is not really matching with my dolls. So, i decided to change a little bit the way i consider my love for creating dolls and figure out that i really like that and would love to create more but i am not confortable with it since i do not have a space just for my dolls where i can let my imagination goes with the flow. The answer is to open a new shop only focused on my dolls i think and that why, while i am working on it, you will find more and more dolls here but as a preview for my opening! I plan to open my Doll shop ton february the 11th! So let's get started on one of my firt doll that will be featured in that shop!

I would like to present you Paulette!
Paulette is a great little doll because she can really play!  I mean, i love dolls with closed eyes because they look so cute and sweet and shy... but when you are a 6 year old girl and you want to play with you cloth friend, you might like more to have a doll that have eyes wide opened and seems to smile to you. Here begin my creating process of a new doll with opened eyes... Serching for new materials, design and also try, try, try new way to stich has been quite a huge process and i thought about it a lot.
I finally found some eyes i liked and i was really found of that doll! But a friend of mine told me she loved as much the opened eyes than the closed one... Why not create a doll with both faces? That was a great idea for sure and i began to work on it few minutes after i received her message! I just could not let that chalenging idea fly away...
After a great afternoon, drawing, sewing and changing things... Paulette was here!
This is my first doll of a new collection! A collection made of doll you can really play with. A collection with accessories and home decor for dolls also, but i will come to that part in another post.
Talking about Paulette, you can have both expressions with that doll (opened and closed eyes) only by changing the way you turn her hat! Isn't it nice? So now, your girl can play and tell her stories while she has her eyes wide opened to see the world and go for new adventures. When the night is coming, your girl will only have to move the hat to have a sleepy friend to go to bed and share sweet dreams. And you will find some lovely pajamas in the shop for that!! And some other hats so you can also change her hair style! I am like a small kid when i am talking about my dolls, so excited about them!!
OK,  no more talk, i present you Paulette.
Don't forget she will be available only on february 11th!
Stay tuned!
;-)
Millie

****************************************

Suivez moi sur Instagram!

Coucou!
Ces derniers temps, j'ai été très absorbée par mes créations pour bébé et j'avais oublié le bonheur tout particulier de créer des poupées!
Un matin, en voulant m'assurer que tout était bien en place dans ma boutique Etsy, je fus surprise de me rendre compte que toutes mes créations (doudous, cadres et poupées) fermaient les yeux!
Comme si toute la boutique était plongée dans un profond sommeil, ce qui est parfait pour ma collection bébé mais je me rendis compte que cela ne convenait pas si bien pour mes poupées.
En effet, les yeux fermés leur donnent un aspect doux et tendre mais ne leur permet pas d'accompagner les petites filles dans leurs jeux et leurs aventures. Il me fallait donc créer des poupées aux yeux ouverts. Seulement, mes précédents essais avaient été des échecs et je n'avais pas trouvé de regard ni d'expression qui me conviennent.
J'ai cherché et expérimenté bien des techniques et des dessins... puis j'ai finalement trouvé un modèle de regard qui me convienne. Et c'est là, qu'une amie, comme un challenge, me proposa de créer des poupées pouvant avoir tour à tour les deux expressions car elle aimait aussi bien les yeux fermés qu'ouverts.
Je me suis aussi tôt mis en tête de relever ce défi et me suis mise au travail immédiatement. J'ai dessiné, coupé, cousu toute une après-midi pour trouver un moyen qui permette aux petites filles de changer elles-même l'expression de leur poupée et cela aussi souvent que leur jeux le leur demanderait.
Voici comment est née Paulette!
En changeant le chapeaux de sens, la poupée peut soit être partante pour les aventures avec un sourire coquin et des yeux grand ouverts, soit prête à dormir et partager lde  doux rêves avec sa meilleure amie lorsque la nuit arrive.
Et puis, comme le monde des poupées est quelque chose qui me tient à cœur et que je souhait laisser mon imagination divaguer sans me sentir restreinte par la cohérence de la boutique avec les autres collections, je vais ouvrir une nouvelle boutique qui leur sera entièrement dédiée! Avec des accessoires et pleins de petits vêtements cousus et tricotés à la main! Je trépigne à l'avance comme une petite fille!
L'ouverture est prévue pour le samedi 11 février et vous pourrez y retrouver Paulette!
à suivre donc!
;-) Millie












2 comments:

  1. You did a great work!! Congratulations! She is adorable. Can't wait to see Paulette in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!!! i have so many new ideas now!! ;-)

      Delete