Chestnut time!

I live in the south of France, in a place where chestnut time is a real TIME!
As i love so much walking in the forest, smelling the humid soild and takin pictures of mushrooms and pine cones... it's one of my favorite time of the year too!
We went to the forest behind our house some days ago and i took some pictures...
Do you love walking in the forest? Do you eat chestnut?
I have some ways i just LOVE eating them, i will take some pictures and give you some ideas very soon.

;-) Millie

Je vis dans le sud de la France, dans une région qui ne plaisante pas avec la cueillette des châtaignes!
Comme me balader en forêt est une de mes sorties préférées que je passe volontiers en photographiant les champignons et les pommes de pin et en respirant le sol humide de la forêt...
c'est une cueillette que je n'oublie pas non plus!
Voici quelques photos prises lors de notre balade dans la forêt qui commence derrière ma maison...
Est-ce que vous aimez marcher en forêt? Mangez-vous beaucoup de châtaignes?
J'ai quelques recettes personnelles que je vais partager bientôt avec vous.

;-) Millie






19 comments:

  1. Oh I love chestnuts too. Soon they will start selling them on streets too here in Istanbul...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i used to buy some in the streets of Paris, when i was a child... it was funny and delicious!

      Delete
  2. Same here! I love chestnut, you can make many deserts with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i love the french pancakes with chestnut sweet cream. It's like a sweet dream. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Ah yes they are yummy, too early for here its still too hot. Love your outdoor photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too hot...OMG i will move around your place so! It's freezing cold here since 1rst october! ;-) But that's ok, because i love reading near the fireplace.

      Delete
  4. Yes, then you know the autumn is there...
    I prefer a spicy soup, with herbs and sour cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must try chestnut in soup! ;-) Never did! You give me a nice idea! thanks!

      Delete
  5. I love chestnuts! Your story reminds me of my walks in the forests of central Italy where chestnuts grow as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like Italy here, Umbria a bit. But, without italian smiling faces all around... ;-(
      I am half italian myself so smiling and singing all the time, it's normal at home! But for my french husband it seems often crazy. Sweet crazy but crazy.

      Delete
  6. We have chestnut trees in the park next to us. I have never seen anyone pick any, except for children playing with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos!

    I loooove chestnut in any form!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live under a chestnut forest, and I also truly love chestnut trees, they are so magical
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the light plays very well with their leaves i think too! ;-)

      Delete
  9. I love picking chestnuts but I only use them as a decoration, I never actually tasted them...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love chestnuts! Never eat it until I was like 20 something but they're really a treat!

    ReplyDelete